Do you work in El Cabanyal or La Marina de Valencia? In this blog we tell you what you need to know to make your working day in the area easier. A survival guide that we deliver to the new Vortex Coworking incorporations on their first day and that we now want to share with other professionals and coworkers who work here: where to have coffee, the menu restaurants, the takeaways, the terraces sun and where to take something when leaving work.
Where to have a cup of coffee:
- El Rinconcillo It is one of our favorites and the closest to coworking. As you would expect with Italian owners, coffee and croissants are top and they also have soy milk option. But the best thing is your terrace in the sun away from traffic to enjoy the weather and the light of Valencia. They open at 9am.
- Café al Forn It is a bakery with a nice decoration and area for kids. Coffee, pastries and pleasant surroundings
- Cafetéate Cabanyal Market offers specialties of coffees and teas brought from around the world. The favorite of our coworkers, the capuccino with chocolate
- Ca Rakel, with whom we share a wall in Vortex Coworking, prepare the best “Cremaet” we have tasted in Valencia
Where to eat from midday menu for less than € 10:
- El Rinconcillo: Italian with a dish of the day (Italian specialty, different every day) for € 5.
- Malafama: Although the pintxos bar is the specialty, at midday they have a menu that usually includes a vegan option –
- Ca Rakel changes its menu every day and usually includes some vegetarian option
- Café Contigo has, in addition to a menu, a wide salad menu, juices and smoothies
Takeaway and so eat in the office or coworking:
- La Barraca: Homemade food with rations 3-4 €. The specialty? Valencian paella and fideua every day, and a different rice every day. The quality of the food is so well known to all that it is necessary to reserve the ration before 12 o’clock, or you may be left without. We dare to say that it is one of the places with the best price in Valencia.
- Bar Compostela: next to Vortex Coworking, they have a very wide and varied menu every day and you can order a ration to take for € 3
- El Rinconcillo, Ca Rakel, Café Contigo.
- We have two Mercadona close to Vortex Coworking: Mercadona 1 Mercadona 2
- Co-Alimento in the same street of the Queen that also have an oven that make croissants, ensaimadas and empanadillas
- Yoga: In our coworking we organize yoga sessions for members every two weeks. However, the schedule or frequency does not fit all and the study of the most popular neighborhood among our coworkers is Aruna Yoga
- Gimnasio Indoors Samaranch It is a very complete gym with paddle tennis courts.
- Gimnasio Indoors AQUA, one of the most complete in Valencia and with SPA.
- Gimnasio Indoors Full CrossFit Valencia in La Patacona and close to the beach of Valencia
- SUPLife in the Marina offers classes and equipment for rent of SUP and surf. One of those luxuries that some can enjoy when working in a coworking near the beach and near the marina
Drink anything afterwork around 19h/20h:
- El Viento and El Ultramarinos, few steps by Vortex Coworking, They are perfect to snack, dine or extend the night with a live concert with your coworkers.
- Festinar: also steps away from our coworking, they do jazz concerts on Thursdays and delicious individual pizzas
- El Clavo and La Peseta, a classic from Valencia for vermouth.
- La Fabrica de Hielo: 15 minutes walking from the coworking space it has a wide and varied monthly program with concerts and cultural activities, one of the most fashionable places in Valencia.
- La Pilona Cultura: broad cultural agenda, tapas and vegan food.
- La Batisfera: the twin of the Cabanyal de Ubik Café in Ruzafa. On the same street as our coworking, Calle de la Reina.
We hope this guide of “essentials” is useful for the professionals with whom we share a neighborhood. For our part, we will try to keep this guide alive by periodically incorporating the essentials that we discover. And, of course, if you need a meeting room, a virtual office or a space to work … come and visit Vortex Coworking! We invite you to a coffee.