Many of us are fans of these delicious eggs with hollandaise sauce, so to make life easier (and brighter) for our #VortexTribe coworking community, we have made a “great effort” to go out and explore the best Eggs Benedict in Valencia. It is no surprise that most of them are close to our coworking space in the center of Valencia: Vortex Centro on Calle Sorní near the Mercado Colón.
But first, what are they? Eggs Benedict, is a famous dish that originated in New York at the end of the 19th century, it traditionally consists of two halves of an English Muffin, topped with cooked ham, bacon or pastrami, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. Currently other types of bread are used as well (the English muffin is, in fact, difficult to find in Valencia), other alternatives to bacon such as salmon and avocado can also be added. But the most important and magical element of this recipe is the hollandaise sauce. What does it consist of? Hollandaise sauce is a butter emulsion with lemon juice and egg yolk. It sounds easy, but it isn’t…
Here are our top 5 best places for a Benedict in Valencia, and all are ideal as they are close to Vortex Coworking Centro!:
- Al Tun Tun: They have expanded the gastronomic/cuisine offer since the pandemic with breakfast and brunch and we love it. 5 minutes from our coworking space, on the chamfer at the end of Calle Sorní when it reaches the river. And with a beautiful terrace.
- Orígenes Cafe y Brunch in Gravador Esteve 33 very cozy and with spectacular cakes.
- Attic Palau Alameda offers a Sunday brunch that does include Benedict’s.
- La Taberna de Marisa on Calle Caballeros 47 expands its offer with weekend brunches.
- Federal Café at Embajador Vich, 15, a classic in Valencia.
There are also other places that we personally wouldn’t go for the Eggs Benedict (they tend to add cream or the sauce), but are truly amazing for their other brunch options, these include: Bastard Coffee and Kitchen with two locations in Valencia (one of them in the center ) and Boa Beach on the beach of Valencia.
We hope you find this information useful and improves your experience in our coworking space and in Valencia altogether. And we hope that you are encouraged to enjoy a break in your day to day to go and enjoy either some eggs benedict or a brunch with your clients/colleagues🙂.
If you liked our culinary tips, you may also be interested in:
- 10 restaurants around Vortex Coworking Playa part 1
- 10 restaurants around Vortex Coworking Playa part 2
- 10 Restaurants Near Vortex Coworking Centro
Take advantage of these tips, and thank us later😉