Do you live in Valencia and work from a coworking space in Cabanyal, Malvarrosa, Patacona or la Marina de Valencia? Did you just joined Vortex Playa and are not familiar with the neighbourhood yet?In this blog you will find everything you need to know to get around the neighbourhood:
Places to grab a coffee:
- Tallat: specialty Coffee Roastery with a take away shop in the Cabanyal-Canyamelar district and near the Marina. Available espresso based drinks, batch and hand brews with ever changing seasonal coffees. Vegan and gluten free pastries, organic teas and soft drinks, brewing accessories and beans to take home).
- El Rinconcillo: as expected from Italian owners, the coffee and croissants are top and its terrace in the sun, away from traffic, is the best place to enjoy the weather and the atmosphere of Cabanyal. A place with soul.
- Calma Beach: PetiteBistró group, consolidated in the center of Valencia, arrives in Cabanyal with Calma Beach restaurant on Calle Reina 2. This place offers possibly the largest and most open terrace in the neighbourhood. And it is located just next to Vortex Coworking Playa (calle Reina 10)
- Café al Forn: coffee, pastries, beautiful decoration and an area for children.
- Cafetéate at Mercado Cabanyal: Among typical market stalls, you will find this secret jewel that offers specialty coffees and teas brought from all over the world, in grain, ground or to drink there. Our favourite is cappuccino with chocolate.
- MiKENGO: Enjoy one of the best coffees in Cabanyal in front of the emblematic Clock Building. Special places with a special essence.
Places with daily menu lunch around €10:
- El Rinconcillo:Family restaurant offering home-made Italian food with a dish of the day at € 5 and a spacious and quiet terrace in the sun.
- Malafama: although this pintxo bar is most popular at night, at noon they have a nice menu that usually includes a vegan option.
- Ca Rakel: They change the menu every day and it usually includes some vegetarian option. It is literally next door to Vortex Coworking Playa reaching from Calle Dr LLuch. Cremaets are really good, especially when prepared by Rakel.
- La esencia de Nerea: after the so-called La bodeguita de Nerea in Calle Reina 217, the “esencia” was recently open nearby Vortex. They offer daily menu at noon, nice terrace for dinner and the best bravas in the neighbourhood.
- Café Contigo: In addition to the daily menu, it also has an extensive menu of salads, juices and smoothies.
- Al Dente, recently opened by Italian owners, very cozy decoration and an interesting variety of coffees and pastries.
Places to order take away food:
Either to eat in the sun at the Marina of Valencia or to bring to the office:
- L’Arroset: This place specializes in rice dishes and gazpacho manchego but also has many other tasty options and desserts.
- El Mosset del Cabanyal: Possibly the favourite among our members. They offer healthy selection of meals, salads, desserts and quite a few good vegetarian options.
- Mikengo: This cozy place located at JJ Dominé offers nice salads and vegan options.
- La Barraca: A local take away spot that offers delicious, homemade food for 3-4 €. Their speciality is paella, rice and fideua. We recommend calling before noon to reserve your portion, because they fly away.
- Mercadona supermarket has a section of take away food (C/ Vicente Brull 81)
Supermarkets near the coworking space:
- Next to Vortex Playa we have SUMA (Calle Reina 16). You can find almost everything, a mid-morning croissant, milk, etc.
- Fruit store Calatayud across the street from the coworking space: if you want high quality vegetables and fruits, this is the place..
- Ecorganic recently opened at Avda Serrería 16; first large supermarket in El Cabanyal specialized in organic products.
- Mercat Cabanyal traditional Valencian market where you can find fresh products (fish, meat, vegetables, fruits, etc), of good quality and specialty products (Italian products, sausages, etc). We suggest you to go early and enjoy the experience.
- The chains Mercadona, Lidl and Consum.
Stationery, Photocopies and Office Supplies:
Papelería Folder in front of the space with special prices for our community. You just have to cross the street.
Activities at the Valencia beach:
- SUPLife offers classes in the Marina as well as rental of SUP and surf equipment. One of those luxuries that some can enjoy when working in a coworking close to the beach and the marina of Valencia
- BeachVolley: At the beach you can also find the BeachVolley Valencia School: BeachBol if you want to learn or improve your technique. If you already have a group and gear, both at Playa Malvarosa and Playa Patacona you can set up your court and play.
- Running: Connect with members of the coworking space on a sunrise run on the beach. There is no better way to start the day.
- Padel: This sport was born in Argentina; similar to tennis (but easier) and has a lot of fans in Valencia (well, throughout Spain). In the coworking space we frequently practice padel after the office in any of the several court rental options nearby: Tennis Federation in Dr LLuch, Samaranch, and Betero.
Top 10 hip restaurants in Cabanyal:
- Lindala: Spanish food with a creative touch and some more international dishes. It has a charming interior patio perfect to have a drink.
- La Sastrería Bar: Newcomer to the neighbourhood, cuisine focused on local, fresh and quality products, with a creative touch from the well-known chef Sergio Giraldo. Amazing cocktail menu.
- Anyora: a traditional wine cellar with traditional dishes prepared in a special way and local vibe. Excellent wines selecion.
- Festinar: enjoy small individual pizzas for € 2 while listening to jazz. With or without jazz, the food is simple but very good.
- Mercabanyal: open-air “street food” style complex, with various containers offering different types of snacks. Very cool vibe.
- Mar de Amura: One of the the most local and authentic places of the neighbourhood, with traditional but modern cuisine, menus of the day, paellas on the weekends and magical flamenco nights.
- La Otra Parte: Very good place near the beach for tapas in the shade of palm trees. Fun and charming, a good alternative to eat for before or after La Fábrica de Hielo.
- Fumiferro gastro grill: You can guess from its name “Smoke and iron” (in Valencian: Fum i Ferro) the style of cuisine they serve, a grill to give the product flavour and texture. And after dinner, you can have a drink on the outside terrace, casual and urban style with great atmosphere.
10 Iconic or elegant restaurants in the Cabanyal and Marina de Valencia:
For special occasions.
Afterwork, tapas & drinks:
- La Fabrica de Hielo: a former factory only about 15 minutes walking from the coworking space, it has a monthly event program with concerts and cultural activities, and has become one of the most hip places in Valencia. It serves food in La Regional food truck, mainly hamburgers and sandwiches.
- Mercabanyal: Finally an open air street food market in the neighbourhood! Another great plan for the afterwork and for the weekend.
- Festinar: Just a few steps from our coworking. They do jazz concerts on Thursdays and delicious individual pizzas.
- El Clavo & La Peseta & La Paca, classic bars of the neighbourhood, famous for vermouth, beers and tapas. Aperitivo on a Saturday is a must!
- El Viento & El Ultramarinos, one in front of each other; in El Viento you can have tapas for dinner and extend the night afterwards sipping a drink and listening to live music. The Ultramarinos is a typical grocery store converted into a tapas bar with tables and high stools.
- Marina Beach Club: best club in Valencia with live sessions of the best international DJs.
- Chiringuitos at the beach:El Ocho, El Escondite, etc. Typical beach bars offering tapas and bocadillos.
We hope that this information has been helpful, but if you have any questions or need more tips, feel free to ask us. Welcome to Vortex Coworking!
If you need equivalent information about the environment of Vortex Centro in Valencia city center, visit our BLOG: Things I need to know when joining a coworking in Gran Via.