Today we would like to share with you all our you recommendations for the most popular water sports in our community:
Initiation classes with SUPLife are a classic in our calendar of monthly activities. But if you want to contact them to book classes on your own, here’s the contact; Don’t forget to mention that you’re a Vortex Member to make use of our perks!
SUP (Stand Up Paddle):
SUP outings are also in our activity calendar. Our two favorite options in Valencia are:
Paddle Surf Valencia Beach – at Club Náutico – Why?
- Outings guaranteed! These take place in a nautical club, protected from sea conditions, waves and wind that can make SUP a challenge or impossible.
- Sunsets are spectacular, as well as the moonrises on full moon.
- It’s a great opportunity to visit the Nautical Club in Valencia.
- Cycling from the city to the marina takes 30 minutes away, in bike lane
SUPLife: always a good option for us! And being located in Marina is easy access for everyone and walking access from our workspace by the beach. The only disadvantage is that outings are open sea and may get canceled if conditions are not favorable for SUP; or changed into a surf class if there are waves that don’t allow for SUP conditions.
Our recommendation is SUPLife. For more information about prices, visit our blog.
Depending on the phase you’re in, we have several recommendations:
- First time or beginner without Open Water (or equivalent) certificate or with a certification but with necessity of a ‘refresh’: we recommend the experience of Baptism, easy Dive or Refresh with Club Buceo Mediterráneo Valencia. The club is located in the Marina of Valencia, next to our SUPLife friends.
- Next step: to get yourself certified with an Open Water (OW) Level, or equivalente, we recommend the same club. The courses include theory classes, practical classes in the pool, practical classes at sea, it lasts approximately 2 weeks (depending on the time you are able to invest into the course) and once you get the certificate, you are ready to book dives on the best locations in the region and enjoy to the fullest!
- Next step: once you have the OW certificate and you’re ready to enjoy diving 100%, Jávea is our most recommended diving area in the region. There are several diving schools there, we’ve used and can recommend Cabo la Nao.
- For experienced divers, our top recommendation is the Columbretes Islands – not only interesting for diving, but also to visit, snorkel and spend boat-day. It is an uninhabited archipelago and Protected Nature Reserve. To dive there, it’s necessary to have further qualification than OW: Advanced Open Water (AOW) certification is needed and to have at least 25 certified dives. Day trips to the Columbretes Islands depart from Castellón or Alcocebre, the crossing to the Islands last from 2 to 3 hours and the activity itself lasts a whole day. To carry out this activity, either just an excursion or to dive, we recommend Charters Casamar.
Hope the recommendations above will help you to get around our dear city and all what Valencia can offer for water sports!
We also have blogs about other topics with tips for our coworkers, please feel welcome to check them all and see if there is anything of interest to you:
- Things I need to know when joining a coworking space in Gran Via area in Valencia
- Things I need to know when joining a coworking space in Cabanyal
- Vortex Tips regarding Vineyards in Valencia
- Vortex Tips regarding Wellbeing SOON!